httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Canavan <rainer.cana...@sevenval.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Tuning Apache Web Server Parameters
Date Thu, 02 May 2019 14:22:09 GMT
On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 11:57 AM Supun Abeysinghe <supun.14@cse.mrt.ac.lk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on a project to dynamically tune the parameters of the Apache web server.
I'm particularly looking at changing MaxRequestWorkers (formerly known as MaxClients) parameter
by looking at runtime characteristics. I have tried setting the parameter using the /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
file, and gracefully restarting the server. However, the value set for MaxRequestWorkers does
not seem to get reflected after the restart (I checked the running processes). Is there any
alternative way of doing this?

Are you sure you're not hitting ServerLimit
(https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/mod/mpm_common.html#serverlimit)?

rainer