httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Muggeridge, Matt" <matt.muggerid...@hpe.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Control / Modify the HTTP Status Line
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 19:37:01 GMT
With a little googling, this technique looks promising… https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15083481/how-can-i-replace-apache-http-code-404-to-200

  *   As I cannot alter the backend behaviour

Yet, you talk about using mod_substitute and mod_header to alter the server’s behaviour.
 If the 302 responses are not valid, then hunt down and fix/remove the ‘redirect’ configuration
options in either a .htaccess or some other configuration file.

Matt.

From: Shmuel Krakower <shmulikk@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, 23 May 2019 4:00 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Control / Modify the HTTP Status Line

Hello,
This is my first message on this user list, hope that's the right place for my question.

I am using Apache for proxying a backend server.
The backend server may return, in some occaisons, a 302 response code for successful requests.
As I cannot alter the backend behavior nor the client's to consider such 302 responses as
successful, I am looking for a way to manipulate the response code on Apache.

While going through the options in and trying ways to alter data which is sent back to clients
I found two:
1. mod_substitute - to manipulate respose body.
2. mod_header - to manipulate respose headers.

The problem is that the HTTP Status Line (the very first line returned by apache) cannot be
altered by neither of these modules.
I was also trying to set the response code in various response headers but none seem to make
any affect on the Status Line contents.

Does anyone know of a way to manipulate the HTTP Status Line or how to internal process of
apache works to determine the Status Line (maybe this way I can cause it to generate a different
status line).

Thanks,
Shmuel Krakower.