httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Satyanarayana, Shekhar" <shekhar.satyanaray...@hpe.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2.2 as forward proxy to updare ws to wss
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2019 17:30:30 GMT
Hi Apache Community,

I am relatively new to Apache and I am facing the following issue, would truly appreciate
if you could help.

The Setup:

  *   Apache2.2 as a forward proxy.
  *   websocket client and server in golang.

What I want to achieve:

   client(ws) ------> Apache -----> Server(wss)

  *   Is there any way to upgrade a websocket connection to secure websocket using Apache
as a forward proxy?
  *   Or say I use wss-client (without certificate) and a wss-server(with certificates), is
there a way to inform Apache to use its own certificates to establish the connection?

REQUIRED:
Client will always send unsecure traffic WS
and Apache should upgrade it to WSS.
In our application setup, we use our own openssl libraries to create certificates - which
cannot be included in the (client.go) go-tls package, so we have to use apache-forward-proxy
to use the certificates generated by our own openssl libraries.
Client and Forward-Proxy (Apache) are both in our specific environment.
And we need mutual cert authentication.

Thank you,
Shekhar