httpd-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Russell <geoffrey.russ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can't connect to server on 443 ... no log information being generated
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2019 04:07:58 GMT
Hi Douglas,

Thanks for your help.   I've spent about 6 hours on this problem and it has
just vanished ...

I tried elinks as a substitute for telnet ... telnet does succeed in the
socket handshake, to is useful for quick test of that part of the
connection.

Everything pointed to my router because of the success in local connections
... so I removed some redundant settings on the router and bingo
the problem vanished. Not for any reason that makes any sense. But at least
I'm operational again!

Cheers,
Geoff