httpd-users mailing list archives

From VA3RZS <va3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Expose my server to internet
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2019 17:57:16 GMT
It’s your inside address that needs to be static , yes the router will just be fine

Your box will need to be on something like 192.168.1( or 0) .50 let’s say and in the router
that ip and port should point to that ip and port

I have all my static ip’s under 100 and dhcp is above 100

Hope this helps

Richard Szajkowski

> On Jul 4, 2019, at 1:45 PM, Padmahas Bn <padmahas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Bob, Richar and Mark,
> Thank you for your response.
>
> @Bob Cochran,
> Yeah, I can access port 80 form my local but not from internet. I'm trying to access
my IP from mobile network (Not wifi, from data pack) Please find my comments below.
>> I'm not sure what you mean by "successfully logged in" into your router.
> As I said, I've registered a free domain name on NoIP.com, I had to configure dynamic
DNS in my router to synchronize my external/public IP (since it is dynamic in nature) with
my registered domain name automatically. So i meant that configuration was successful.

>> Your router will need to support NAT to translate your local IP address
>> to the one on the Internet.
> I'm using TP-Link 300M Wireless N Router, Model No. TL-WR841N / TL-WR841ND.
> I hope this supports NAT.
>
>> sudo tcpdump -i enp2s0 -vvvSXn port 80
> I'm not sure which parameters I need to change here according to my system. I just ran
the same command and got output as
> tcpdump: enp2s0: No such device exists
> (SIOCGIFHWADDR: No such device)
>
> @Richard szajkowski,
> It's my home network, and have dynamic IP address. But I've updated the IP address which
I got from google search "what is my ip",  while forwarding the port.