httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard szajkowski <va3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Expose my server to internet
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2019 18:51:46 GMT
Yes , has to be set to static  make sure your IP is out side the DCHP pool , that way it won’t
be given to any one else by mistake .

That’s why I start my DHCP pool at .100

Richard Szajkowski

> On Jul 4, 2019, at 2:12 PM, Padmahas Bn <padmahas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello VA3RZS,
>
> Yes, my internal IP address is static. It's 192.168.0.106. But DHCP is set to "Automatic".
Does that affect?

> Thank you.
>
>> On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 11:27 PM VA3RZS <va3rzs@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It’s your inside address that needs to be static , yes the router will just be
fine

>> Your box will need to be on something like 192.168.1( or 0) .50 let’s say and in
the router that ip and port should point to that ip and port

>> I have all my static ip’s under 100 and dhcp is above 100
>>
>> Hope this helps
>>
>> Richard Szajkowski
>>

>>> On Jul 4, 2019, at 1:45 PM, Padmahas Bn <padmahas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Bob, Richar and Mark,
>>> Thank you for your response.
>>>
>>> @Bob Cochran,
>>> Yeah, I can access port 80 form my local but not from internet. I'm trying to
access my IP from mobile network (Not wifi, from data pack) Please find my comments below.
>>> As I said, I've registered a free domain name on NoIP.com, I had to configure
dynamic DNS in my router to synchronize my external/public IP (since it is dynamic in nature)
with my registered domain name automatically. So i meant that configuration was successful.

>>> I'm using TP-Link 300M Wireless N Router, Model No. TL-WR841N / TL-WR841ND.
>>> I hope this supports NAT.

>>> I'm not sure which parameters I need to change here according to my system. I
just ran the same command and got output as
>>> tcpdump: enp2s0: No such device exists
>>> (SIOCGIFHWADDR: No such device)
>>>
>>> @Richard szajkowski,
>>> It's my home network, and have dynamic IP address. But I've updated the IP address
which I got from google search "what is my ip",  while forwarding the port.