httpd-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Cameron <thomas.came...@camerontech.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] No matter what I do, the httpd.pid file is created in the wrong location at runtime!
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2019 20:05:01 GMT
On 7/31/19 2:46 PM, Eric Covener wrote:
> There is a "PidFile" directive you can use in httpd.conf.  I don't
> think there's an alternate way to get an alternate prefix or filename.

Thank you! At least on my installation, it's in
/opt/apache/conf/extra/httpd-mpm.conf. Changing PidFile there did not
fix things.

I'm still getting this:

[root@ip-172-31-21-3 ~]# /opt/apache/bin/httpd -S
VirtualHost configuration:
ServerRoot: "/opt/apache"
Main DocumentRoot: "/opt/apache/htdocs"
Main ErrorLog: "/opt/apache/var/logs/error_log"
Mutex default: dir="/opt/apache/var/logs/" mechanism=default
PidFile: "/opt/apache/var/logs/httpd.pid"
Define: DUMP_VHOSTS
Define: DUMP_RUN_CFG
User: name="daemon" id=2
Group: name="daemon" id=2

The line "PidFile: "/opt/apache/var/logs/httpd.pid"" is coming from the
httpd binary. I ran strace against it and I don't see it opening any
config files.

I am almost certain it's a configure time argument that I'm getting wrong.

I thought that the --runstatedir in my configure step would do what I want:

./configure --prefix=/opt/apache --exec-prefix=/opt/apache
--localstatedir=/opt/apache/var --runstatedir=/opt/apache/var/run

Shouldn't that put the pid file in /opt/apache/var/run?

Or am I not understanding something?

Thomas