httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ninad <ni...@iitb.ac.in>
Subject [users@httpd] ReverseProxy for UserDir
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2019 14:56:39 GMT
Dear All,

My self Ninad. I am novice user of apache httpd and linux.

I  have an intranet web server (internal.com) with UserDir configured on
it. I am able to access it with following urls without any issue from my
LAN network.

|http://internal.com/~ahttp://internal.com/~x.yhttp://internal.com/~p_q
Here "a", "x.y", and "p_q" are users on internal.com server. |

Now there is another httpd server which is connected to the internet
(external.com) and I want to reverse proxy only for userDir hosted on
my intranet server (internal.com). I tried following configuration but
it did not work.

|ProxyPreserveHostOnProxyPass/~http://internal.com/~ProxyPassReverse/~http://internal.com/~|

I am getting following errors in error_log if I use url like
"http://external.com/~a" or "http://external.com/~x.y" from internet.

|AH00128:Filedoes notexist:/var/www/html/~a AH00128:Filedoes
notexist:/var/www/html/~x.y|

I kindly request you to guide me in this regard.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Ninad.