httpd-users mailing list archives

From ML <mli...@x76.eu>
Subject [users@httpd] httpd external authentication
Date Sun, 23 Feb 2020 15:12:09 GMT
Hi,
is there an somewhat easy method to have httpd handle the
session/authorization but let some external script deal with the
authentication?

When an incoming request require authentication, httpd should check the
session for an authenticated user and if there is none, grab a script
and send the request to it with "hey dude, this request require a user.
do your auth-thing and then return the username to me and I handle the
rest".

The external script or application should just receive the request,
process it and if authentication passes, tell apache it's okay and tell
it who's knocking.

Thank you.