httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hendrik Schmieder <hendrik.schmie...@jedox.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Continuous content provision.
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2020 08:28:37 GMT
George R Goffe schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I have come across a few sites whose URLs seem to provide continuous content. When the
user goes to the end of the URL the "server?" "thinks" for a second or two and puts up an
animated mouse pointer and then more content appears.

> My question is, "How is this continuous content" accomplished. Is it a server side setting
or script?

> Thanks for your help,
>
> Best regards,
>
> George...

Beside the technical background you shouldn't do this,
snce this is very user unfriendly.

Even the one who invented this now is the opinion that this is a very
bad idea.

   with best regards

    Hendrik Schmieder

www.jedox.com
Hendrik Schmieder
Senior Software Engineer
+49 761 15147 13
Jedox AG
Bismarckallee 7a
79098Freiburg im Breisgau
Germany
Executive Board: Florian Winterstein (Chairman), Bernd Eisenblätter
​Supervisory Board: Bernhard Wöbker (Chairman), Curt Gunsenheimer, Thilo Schmid
​Place of Business: Amtsgericht Freiburg HRB 702118
​
​​[TM.V06112018]