httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lentes, Bernd" <bernd.len...@helmholtz-muenchen.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache and nextcloud - insecure ?
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2020 16:14:40 GMT

----- On Sep 1, 2020, at 1:32 PM, Martin Drescher drescher@inter.net wrote:

> Hi Bernd,
>
> very short answer to 1.:
> Yes, you want to write data there. Hence you need rite privileges. Make sure,
> privileges of www-data are restricted to that directory, you will be fine.
>
> Off topic about 2.:
> Consider using ownCloud, because it has .deb repo, you can get updates if you
> want to. Nectcloud does not have this (to my limited knowledge).

Hi Martin,

thanks for your answer.
Concerning 2: I'm afraid you are right. I didn't find a repository for Ubuntu,
and this webpage seems to confirm that: https://help.nextcloud.com/t/linux-packages-status/10216
I'd prefer Nextcloud because it has more additional tools, like OnlyOffice which i plan to
install.

I'm thinking about installing it as a snap, but i have no experience with snap.

Bernd
Helmholtz Zentrum München

Helmholtz Zentrum München