httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Scott A. Wozny" <sawo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Server starting problem
Date Sun, 27 Sep 2020 17:46:07 GMT
Did you load mod_authz_core?  The Require directive is not included in the core module and
which additional modules are loaded is controlled either by your distro or by your choices
during build.  I found this out while locking down a web server to the minimal needed modules.

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_authz_core.html#require

You can check with either httpd -M or apachectl -M OR by checking your config files.

Sometimes apachectl configtest will give you a more insightful error, but it doesn't test
for everything that could go wrong on startup so a successful test isn't ALWAYS a guarantee
of a running system, but I've gotten into the habit of running it before a start or restart.

HTH,

Scott

________________________________
From: Tara Hall <tarahall1950@gmail.com>
Sent: September 27, 2020 8:59 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: [users@httpd] Server starting problem

I've installed Apache-2.4.46 on a Raspberry Pi running FreeBSD 12.1 to use as an Intranet
website. When I try to start the server after a doing basic config setup I get the following
message:

"Syntax error on line 236 of /usr/local/etc/apache24/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'Require', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server
configuration"

As "require" appears to be a standard line command in the httpd.conf file I can't imagine
why I would get that error message. I haven't been able to find anything in the FAQ nor Docs
so far and I'm running out of ideas.
Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Gavan.