httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Programmatic access to balancer manager
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2020 11:34:45 GMT
All the balancer manager does is create HTTP requests to the Apache web server, so you can
easier use the shell and curl for example to automate a lot of stuff.

It is true that a formal API isn't documented (I should get on that... it *is* long overdue)
but it is easy to determine it via looking at the balancer_handler function in https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_balancer.c?view=markup
or by looking at the HTML of the balancer manager page.

> On Sep 24, 2020, at 2:18 PM, Nick Folino <nick@folino.us> wrote:
>
> Changes made in balancer-manager do not require a restart to take effect.  You might
try Python/Beautiful Soup for programmatic access.