httpd-users mailing list archives

From Niranjan Rao <nhr...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Programmatic access to balancer manager
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2020 16:11:04 GMT
Greetings,

On Apache 2.4.18, Ubuntu.

I am looking for a way to access balancer manager programmatically. I
tried searching around, but could not find any officially documented API
or interfaces.

We are a small organization hosted in AWS. Sometimes we have a need to
add/remove a load balancer worker in/from traffic as per current
conditions and to save the costs.  We are trying to automate these
actions  to avoid mistakes and control these processes via tools/scripts.

We have scripts that can spawn or stop AWS instances and now I'm looking
for extending those scripts add/remove members as per need.

I came across few curl scripts, but wanted to check if there is any
official programmatic access to balancer manager to add a member.

Also it's not clear if I tinker with worker members using manager gui
like documented at
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass, do I
need to reload the server again or changes will be automatically applied.

Regards,

Niranjan