ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Site Look and Feel
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2004 07:11:12 GMT
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 07:16:03 -0500, Ted Husted <husted@apache.org> wrote:
> AFAIK, all of the Apache sites are built from XML, either using XLST, Maven, Forrest,
or the equivalent. This approach is not a rule, but it might be categorized as a strong preference.
We can verify and check in the XML and then run a process that builds the site. Some sites
now use automated processes that automatically repost the site when there is a checkin.

A more concise definition of the "rule" is clear when you look at the
actual implementation of the Apache HTTP server's configuration -- the
content of the directory "/www/${foo}" on Apache server
"www.apache.org" ***is*** the canonical content of the "${foo}"
website.  How it gets created is not of interest to the webserver.
All of the choices that Ted mentions are in current use by some
projects and subprojects ... but you are by no means constrained by
the listed set of technologies for static content.

Dynamic content is a different story -- that is where the various
projects will likely diverge in significant ways in their
implementation.

Craig