ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "roberto" <robe...@theaegis.org>
Subject RE: Subversion and a few other Qs
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:24:46 GMT
Replies inline:

> Generally, you only need to branch when you
>
> * Need to fix something between scheduled releases
> * Want to experiment with a revolutionary line of development.
>
> The Java team is alternating odd and even releases, for bug-fixes and
> features, but I don't know if we need to adopt that practice for the C#
> code base.

Ok, makes sense...(I wasn't sure if its creation was implying that there was
a branch planned/already in the works.)

> The Java team is alternating odd and even releases, for bug-fixes and
> features, but I don't know if we need to adopt that practice for the C#
> code base.

Given Gilles' reply (planned 1.5 after this Data Mapper 1.1 release), I
guess it's not the case.

Copied from Gilles' reply:

> The next version of DataMapper will be 1.5 as it must be included an
> entire refactoring of parametermMap handling and support for Custom
> type handlers ...

Is this the beginning text of a roadmap for iBATIS.NET?  (hint hint nudge
nudge ...)

Thanks!

Roberto