ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "Gilles Bayon" <gilles.ba...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: Team iBATIS releases iBATIS.NET 1.*.458
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:09:08 GMT
+1

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ted Husted" <husted@apache.org>
To: <ibatis-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: Team iBATIS releases iBATIS.NET 1.*.458

On the SourceForge site, I amended the actual file names on the release
bundles to leave out the "alpha" tag. The idea is that we can change the
rating of the release without touching the download file. So, once we vote
on a release, we can just change the release name without uploading the file
again.

The releases themselves are immutable. Once we release DataAccess 1.5.0,
there will never be another DataAccess 1.5.0 release. If we need to make
changes to move it to Beta or General Availability quality, then we would
create 1.5.1.  This is the approach that Apache HTTPD, Jakarta Tomcat,
MySQL, and many others use now.

I'll put the DataMapper 1.1.0 into production with my own applications
today. I'm not using the DataAccess framework myself, but hopefully we can
get sufficient feedback from the rest of the community.

Of course, this is still a "SourceForge" release and not an "Apache"
release. I'm sure we'll get the CVS and SVN repositories moved over soon.
Once that step is done, we can apply for graduation and move to a top-level
Apache project.

One "TODO" for the iBATIS.NET RoadMap would be distributing separate code
releases for the DataMapper and DataAccess frameworks. For now, we're
posting a snapshot of the corresponding SVN revision, which is fine, but
separate bundles would yield fewer questions.

-Ted.