ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Subversion and a few other Qs
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:59:29 GMT
In Subversion, a tag can be promoted to a branch. With the way the global revisions works,
tagging doesn't seem as important as it was with CVS, but it still seems like a good practice
to follow.

Generally, you only need to branch when you

* Need to fix something between scheduled releases
* Want to experiment with a revolutionary line of development.

The Java team is alternating odd and even releases, for bug-fixes and features, but I don't
know if we need to adopt that practice for the C# code base.

We have a ticket in regarding the eyebrowse archive.

* http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-138

I'm sure it will be fixed eventually.

-Ted.