ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: IBatisNet.Common.Logging
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:54:58 GMT
Jaros&#322;aw Kowalski's Sooda project:

 http://svn.sav.net/repos/sooda/trunk/Sooda/src/

has support for multiple loggers as well. We could make the logging
adapters seperate projects (similiar to the NHibernate extensions) and
default to using the NoOpLogger. That would remove the dependency on
log4net which means IBatisNet may be able to be more easily integrated
with other projects. Users who wanted very basic logging (to make sure
their config files were being read and processed correctly) could use
one of the built in loggers to verify this information.

With the way things are now, if I wanted to use NLog as my logger I am
required to have a copy of log4net.dll in my bin folder.