ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "Tom B." <tom.bloomfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Usage of Bean/PropertyUtils
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:58:10 GMT
RE: BeanUtils: A nice, concise answer, you can't argue with that ;-)

On a separate note, I'm poking around in the source code for the
answer to my own question... (so stop me if I've gone the wrong way)

I'm trying to use an implicit SQL statement to map database values
into a *nested* bean:

<select id="test" resultClass="foo">
SELECT
   1 AS "nested.col1"
FROM
   DUAL
</select>

I notice that logic exists in ComplexBeanProbe that splits the target
property name on "." when defined as a map in the XML...  That's all
good.

I don't see the same logic in
sqlmap.engine.mapping.result.AutoResultMap ( I'm assuming this is the
class responsible for initializing implicit queries ;-))

I see the target class members being introspected by ClassInfo, those
members added to a hash, then the LITERAL column name returned by
ResultSetMetaData being searched for in that hash... (IE, we'd look
for a method named "nested.col1" in the method hash, when I really
want it to look for setNested().setCol1()).

Am I barking up the wrong tree?  =D

Thanks,
Tom