ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <paul4chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Opinion] New Attribute on <iterate> Tag
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 02:57:04 GMT
Things are only confusing with bad documentation :-)

Jeff Butler <jeffgbutler@gmail.com> wrote: Interesting idea - I think I like it.  It
would work for sure, but it would also make the removeFirstPrepend attribute on the iterate
tag different from the removeFirstPrepend attribute on all other dynamic tags.  Would that
be confusing?

 Jeff Butler

 On 6/19/06, Paul Benedict <paul4christ79@yahoo.com> wrote:  The attribute is unnecessary.
Just repurose removeFirstPreprend into a non-boolean value="true|false|iterate"

Jeff Butler <jeffgbutler@gmail.com>  wrote:   I'd like to add a new attribute to the
<iterate> tag: removeFirstPrependOnEachIteration (true|false).

 The current removeFirstPrepend function on the <iterate> tag works correctly in most
cases (it removes the first prepend of any nested tag once for the entire iterate loop).
I'm running into a situation with some new function I'm adding to Abator where it would be
good to have the removeFirstPrepend work with every iteration in the iterate loop.  Hence
the new proposed attribute.

 I would make it so that you could not specify both "removeFirstPrepend" and "removeFirstPrependOnEachIteration".
 This attribute would only apply to the <iterate> tag (obviously).

 I have some tests coded, and a simple implementation - so I know it will work the way that
I want it to.

 Does anyone have a strong objection to this, or a suggestion for a better name for the attribute?

 Jeff Butler