ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject [Opinion] New Attribute on <iterate> Tag
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 22:30:58 GMT
I'd like to add a new attribute to the <iterate> tag:
removeFirstPrependOnEachIteration (true|false).

The current removeFirstPrepend function on the <iterate> tag works correctly
in most cases (it removes the first prepend of any nested tag once for the
entire iterate loop).  I'm running into a situation with some new function
I'm adding to Abator where it would be good to have the removeFirstPrepend
work with every iteration in the iterate loop.  Hence the new proposed
attribute.

I would make it so that you could not specify both "removeFirstPrepend" and
"removeFirstPrependOnEachIteration".  This attribute would only apply to the
<iterate> tag (obviously).

I have some tests coded, and a simple implementation - so I know it will
work the way that I want it to.

Does anyone have a strong objection to this, or a suggestion for a better
name for the attribute?

Jeff Butler