ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release Status???
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 22:28:03 GMT
My bad, I assumed that nothing was in Maven because of the open JIRA issue.
I don't use maven myself - I guess I side more with Hani on that subject
:)    And I assumed  that whoever wrote the issue actually knew what they
were talking about - I should never do that!

I think it would be best to attach your comments to the JIRA issue, then we
won't forget them.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-122

Jeff Butler

On 7/1/06, Paul Benedict <paul4christ79@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sorry Jeff! It wasn't my intention to go off topic; I was just trying to
> help out the development process. I don't know what you mean by "nothing for
> ibatis is in maven now" because I can use M2 to grab ibatis from the maven
> repo:
>
> http://ibiblio.org/maven2/com/ibatis/
>
> I use Eclipse IDE and I know how to attach source. However, if I update my
> dependencies in M2, the source attachment will disappear because M2
> generates my eclipse project classpath. It's a big nuisance, and this is a
> heads-up because anyone using M2 with ibatis experiences this.
>
> Thanks,
> paul
>

> *Jeff Butler <jeffgbutler@gmail.com>* wrote:
>
> Since *nothing* for iBATIS is in Maven now, I assume you are doing
> something extra to add iBATIS to your project.  You can do another something
> extra and attach the source to your IDE.  I could tell you how to do it in
> Eclipse or WSAD/RAD if you need help - we have no problem stepping into
> iBATIS source.  But that should be another discussion thread on the user
> list.  This discussion is taking this thread far off topic.
>
> Jeff Butler
>

> On 7/1/06, Paul Benedict <paul4christ79@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Clinton, I use M2 with ibatis, and M2 cannot find the source. You need
> > to upload it as a separate jar with the extension -sources.jar
> >

> > *Clinton Begin <clinton.begin@gmail.com>* wrote:
> >

> > iBATIS does come with the source, always has, always will.  It's in the
> > /src directory of the zip file.
> >
> > The new task I mentioned above is a SEPARATE source download that
> > includes all of the build scripts and dev dependencies so that you can
> > easily build the app yourself.  Basically it's to help people who don't know
> > how to use Subversion export.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Clinton
> >
> > On 7/1/06, Paul Benedict <paul4christ79@yahoo.com > wrote:
> > >
> > > Please provide a maven 2 pom and include the source for 2.2.0. One
> > > problem I have now is that ibatis has no source jar in M2, and so i can't
> > > step through ibatis when I'd like :-)
> > >

> > > *Jeff Butler <jeffgbutler@gmail.com>* wrote:
> > >
> > > Are you referencing this issue:
> > >
> > > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-122