ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] iBATIS for Java 2.2.0 promote to General Availability
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 13:13:38 GMT
+1 with a warning to upgraders that almost got me.

If you have a class defined like this:

public class MyDaoImpl extends SqlMapDaoTemplate implements MyDao

...and a method like this:

public void delete (String key)

It won't compile until you rename your delete because it thinks you are
trying to override delete, and not returning and int value.

This could be a bigger problem if your local delete method DOES return int.
Things that call delete(String mappedStatementName) won't behave quite as
expected, because they will call the overridden version instead.

Larry