ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "Tao Sun" <sunxc...@gmail.com>
Subject a problem with the extend
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:19:47 GMT
Dear Sir:    Nice to meet you!
   I want to add the mailing list of dev of ibatis.I am a developer of Java
using Ibatis for a time.I found somthing needed to be improved of it, so
writed this mail to you to report it.The things are:
    a componnet of a site named "user" using a UserSQL.xmlfile( not
sql_config.xml file) for example:

<sqlMapConfig>

 <properties resource="com/sohu/dbresources/sohuDBSource.properties" />

  <sqlMap resource="com/sohu/dbresources/sohuSqlMapping/UserSQL.xml" />

</sqlMapConfig>

but the corresponding component of our back_end managment application also
want to reuse the file, so we want to extends the file.But we don't  found
the right mechnism to reuse it .So i modified some code of ibatis.

For example:

<sqlMapConfig>

 <properties resource="com/sohu/dbresources/sohuDBSource.properties" />

  <sqlMap resource="com/sohu/dbresources/sohuSqlMapping/UserCareSQL.xml"
extends="com/sohu/dbresources/sohuSqlMapping/UserSQL.xml"/>

</sqlMapConfig>

      I am not certain that the modification is a contribution to ibatis ,so
want to dicuss with you about it.

      Best wishes!

SunTao