ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: QueryForDataSet?
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:30:54 GMT
I wonder why they didn't mimic BaseDataList's (what Repeater, DataGrid,
and DataList extend) idea of a DataSource property that accepts an
object. That would allow the user to pass in an IList of entity
objects.

If DataTables are to be supported, here are some cases they should
handle:

 Ability to pass in strongly typed DataTable to be populated
 Ability to return new strongly typed DataTable based on column types
 Ability to return new non-strongly type DataTable

A more general statement might be to say that DataTable support should
mimic IList support. I'd vote +0 for it. I'm sure it will come in handy
at some point.