ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Distributed caching
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:10:38 GMT
IBatisNet has a pluggable cache model so if you find something similiar
to OSCache, I'm sure the two could be setup to work together.

Two 3rd party cache managers that come to mind are the MS Caching
Application Block And NCache. I've haven't used either of the two. I
found this quote on the CAB page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/caching1.asp
"
The Caching Application Block should be deployed in a single
application domain. Each application domain can have one or multiple
caches, either with or without backing store(s). Caches cannot be
shared among different application domains.
"

NCache looks to be able to support a lot more options:

http://www.alachisoft.com/ncache/cluster_topology.html

but it is also significantly more expensive. I believe you need to
install it on the machine doing the caching.

This article talks about "Synchronizing the ASP.NET Cache across
AppDomains and Web Farms":

Perhaps you could write a cache provider for IBatisNet that uses the
ASP.Net Cache and the technics described in that article.

It may be worthwhile to check out what the NHibernate people are doing.
There is a NHibernateContrib package that contains additional cache
providers such as one for Bamboo.Prevalence:

 http://bbooprevalence.sourceforge.net/

I wouldn't mind seeing an IBatisNet cache provider that uses the disk
to store information. I don't know if that would make things any
faster. It seems like a lot of hosting packages include a redicilous
amount of disk space...I think I have 2gb or 4gb of drive space on one
of my accounts.

- Ron