ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: ConfigureAndWatch Performance Issue
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:09:01 GMT
Are you doing any type of timing tests with the loading or are you just
saying things "feel" slow?

My AMD 1.8GHz (Athlon 2500+) machine processes 110 statements, 22 cache
models, and 15 result maps spread across 15 files in 0.65 seconds. I
built my project in Release mode using this code:

 DateTime start = DateTime.Now;
 SqlMapper sqlMapper = IBatisNet.DataMapper.Mapper.Instance();
 DateTime stop = DateTime.Now;
 TimeSpan diff = stop - start;
 log.Debug("TotalSeconds: [" + diff.TotalSeconds + "]");

 TotalSeconds: [0.65625]

If your application stays loaded for days is an extra second or two
during initialization really that big of a deal? If you're using
caching, you'll most likely recover the initialize costs of IBatisNet
after just a few cache hits.