ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Habib Ahmed Qureshi <TC02...@emirates.com>
Subject Custom Data Access Exception
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 06:26:06 GMT
Hi all.
I want to throw custom DataAccess Exception from my Dao implementation.
(I am only using DataAccess and not SQLMapper)
The problem is when I throw some exception in my DAO implementation it gets
caught by IBATIS DataAccess and it replaces the exception message with its
own and this changes my custom message and stuff with my application.

It does so in the DaoProxy.cs
try
{
	result = invocation.Method.Invoke(_daoImplementation.DaoInstance,
arguments);
}
catch (Exception e)
{
	throw new DataAccessException("Unable to intercept method name
"+invocation.Method.Name, e);
}

What can I do?
How to pass custom error messages / exception from my DataAccess
implementation to above business layer or other components above
DataAccessLayer
?

Awaiting quick reply,

Habib Ahmed Qureshi
Software Engineer
Mob: 00971503966137; Tel: 00971 4 2133873