ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Cynthia Torres" <ctor...@softekpr.com>
Subject RE: ConfigureAndWatch Performance Issue
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:07:49 GMT
I just found the problem. My initialization takes [3.062017] with
version 1.3.0 Before it takes around [6.1659722].  At this moment I'm
only have 2 maps.  I made a test using embedded resources for my maps
and now it takes [1.3819872].  For some reason the best performance is
with the Map embedded.

I'm not sure if you understand my previous question.  I'm not worried
about this number (for now).  For me 3.062017 sec is acceptable.  My
question is if this number would be increasing when more maps will be
added to the solution or this number would be constant (between 1 or 2
sec).  I just want to prevent because we are just starting with the
implementation of iBatis.

Thanks in advance

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Grabowski [mailto:rongrabowski@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 2:09 PM
To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: RE: ConfigureAndWatch Performance Issue

Are you doing any type of timing tests with the loading or are you just
saying things "feel" slow?

My AMD 1.8GHz (Athlon 2500+) machine processes 110 statements, 22 cache
models, and 15 result maps spread across 15 files in 0.65 seconds. I
built my project in Release mode using this code:

 DateTime start = DateTime.Now;
 SqlMapper sqlMapper = IBatisNet.DataMapper.Mapper.Instance();
 DateTime stop = DateTime.Now;
 TimeSpan diff = stop - start;
 log.Debug("TotalSeconds: [" + diff.TotalSeconds + "]");

 TotalSeconds: [0.65625]

If your application stays loaded for days is an extra second or two
during initialization really that big of a deal? If you're using
caching, you'll most likely recover the initialize costs of IBatisNet
after just a few cache hits.