ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Michael Schall <mike.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nested / Multiple Transactions open on same thread?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 16:12:54 GMT
Perfect.  I'll wait for that.

I have a question for you.

We have created our own data replication strategy.  We have been using
it for several years and it works great.  Basically we take every
"data altering" stored procedure and in the same transaction as it is
actually executing, we also insert into another table the sp and
parameters.  This data is copied to several other servers and
executed.

We have a class that does all of our database interaction, so it was
simple to add this functionality.  We are now going to use IBatis for
our database interaction.

My question is...
Is there a way to get a hold of the command object just before or just
after you have executed the statement?

My plan is to insert  some code in the MappedStatement.cs in both the
ExecuteUpdate and ExecuteInsert functions that will call out to my
code so I can collect the information I need for our replication and
insert it to the correct table in the current transaction.

I see you have a RaiseExecuteEvent() function available, but it does
not pass the command object out.  Is there anyway with the current
code I can get what I need, or can something like this be added?  I
don't know if it is of use to the general public to have pre/post
processing of a command object?

Thanks again for all your help.
Mike