ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: MySpace.com
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:38:27 GMT
--- Christopher Bissell <chris@enhypniomancy.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I didn't want to talk about it until it was a 'core' piece of our
> architecture, but MySpace.com is now running IBatis for a good
> portion of
> its data access abstraction layer.

Neat! Is this article true:

 http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/03/25/441074.aspx

What version of IBatisNet are you using?

Do you use log4net at all on myspace.com?

> The performance takes a hit due to the multiple reflection calls made
> through the system, but we ate that in the name of a nicely
> abstracted
> back-end tier, and with thoughts towards the possibility of using
> emitted
> classes to someday improve performance.  (A natural evolution of this
> kind
> of model in the context of the CLR). If there's any efforts we can
> make in
> that direction, please let me know.

This has been fixed in SVN. Here are some performance tests:

http://tinyurl.com/zaw4k
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ibatis/trunk/cs/mapper/IBatisNet.Common.Test/NUnit/CommonTests/Utilities/PropertyAccessorPerformance.cs?rev=386438&view=log

I haven't ran the tests in a while but I recall the IL enhancements
makes things at least an order of magnitude faster.

- Ron