ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Randall Svancara <rsvanc...@cableone.net>
Subject C# .Net 2.0
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2006 12:30:30 GMT
I am struggling to implement Ibatis in a windows based application.  I
have followed the NPetShop tutorial as an example.  I have no problem
implementing IBatis in my Java based applicaitons.

I keep recieving an error:

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for
'Test.Service.RecruiterService' threw an exception. --->
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
of an object.
   at Test.Service.RecruiterService..ctor() in
C:\source\TEST\TEST\Test.Service\RecruiterService.cs:line 47
   at Test.Service.RecruiterService..cctor() in
C:\source\TEST\TEST\Test.Service\RecruiterService.cs:line 17
   at Test.Service.RecruiterService.GetInstance()
   at Test.Client.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
C:\source\TEST\TEST\Test.Client\Form1.cs:line 32
A first chance exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException'
occurred in Test.Client.exe
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xadc) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x35c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xf1c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[2424] Test.Client.exe: Managed' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[2424] Test.Client.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

My guess, based on the error is something is not being initialized
properly.  I have implemented a dao.config, a SqlMap.config,
providers.config and I have a Recruiter.xml.

All these files are placed into the Debug directory from which the
application executes from.

dao.config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<daoConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="DaoConfig.xsd">

  <context name="SqlMapDao">
    <daoSessionHandler name="SqlMap">
      <property name="sqlMapConfigFile" value="sqlMap.config"/>
    </daoSessionHandler>

    <!-- ==== Sql Server : SqlClient configuration ========= -->
        <database>
            <provider name="sqlServer1.1"/>
          <dataSource name="SummitExecProd" connectionString="data
source=(local)\NetSDK;database=test;user
id=sa;password=dofa7h;connection reset=false;connection lifetime=5; min
pool size=1; max pool size=50"/>
        </database>

    <daoFactory assembly="NPetshop.Persistence.dll">
      <dao name="Recruiter"

implementation="Test.Persistence.MapperDao.Recruiter.RecruiterSqlMapDao"/>
    </daoFactory>
  </context>

</daoConfig>

sqlMap.config

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<sqlMapConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="SqlMapConfig.xsd">
    <settings>
        <setting useStatementNamespaces="false"/>
        <setting cacheModelsEnabled="true"/>
    </settings>

    <!-- ==== SqlClient configuration =========    -->
    <!-- Optional ( default ) -->
    <!-- Rem : If used with a Dao it will be ignored -->
    <database>
        <provider name="sqlServer1.1"/>
        <dataSource name="SummitExecProd" connectionString="data
source=(local)\NetSDK;database=test;user
id=sa;password=dofa7h;connection reset=false;connection lifetime=5; min
pool size=1; max pool size=50"/>
    </database>

    <sqlMaps>
        <sqlMap resource="Maps\Recruiter.xml"/>

    </sqlMaps>

</sqlMapConfig>

I have created the Service, Persistance and Domain classes just like the
NPetshop example.  In the ServiceConfig.cs , the instance.daoManager is
null.  How can I tell what is causing this error.  How do I enable more
verbose logging for debugging purposes.

Thanks,

Randall