ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Alexandre Grenier" <Alexandre.Gren...@markettools.com>
Subject RE: Noob questions...
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 19:07:12 GMT
Thanks Gilles, that's clears things up a lot. I was getting confused
between some of what is available in java and in .net. Glad to hear
groupby and 2.0 proxy features are coming up!

About my DBA, in this case the connection is actually fine. The problem
is the number of commands that get executed for a 3 level graph, my unit
test for a simpler aggregate does about 50. Seems all I can do now is
map a single select with 2 joins to a value object, and then compose the
graph using C#. I think with joins and groupby this could be done in a
single command. I'm not sure if there's a better solution. I'm thinking
using a repository [Fowler/Evans] pattern for each level would provide
both the graphing and lazy loading...

Before finding out about IBatis I had already written a decent generic
type cache... I'll read that article and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again!

Alex