ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Gilles Bayon" <ibatis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Noob questions...
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 18:31:34 GMT
On 5/17/06, Alexandre Grenier <Alexandre.Grenier@markettools.com> wrote:

>   Hello All,
>

> I got the SVN IBatis going with .NET 2.0. I like it, and I have some
> questions.
>

> - Where can I see a C# example of lazy loading / proxy, preferably with a
> generic list...

I'm finishing to implement the proxy support for.NET  2.0

>   - My app builds a 3 level object graph using properties with select in
> resultMap, which ends up generating a LOT of commands (lots of branches)...
> I've seen some stuff about "groupby" which would be really useful, where can
> I find an example of that? Or anything else that would help... I like the
> idea of having ibatis compose the tree for me.

groupby is not currently support, expected after the next release.

>   - Looking for pointers on using caching on a webfarm... how to keep
> cache on 16 servers synchronized? Seems like flushOnExecute becomes useless
> in that context.

You must write your own cache manager based for example on
http://www.danga.com/memcached/ or cache object on a layer above the data
layer.

>   - I read something about <sql> and <include> tags... is this a Java only
> feature?

Yes, but you have same functionality with extends attribute on statement
tag.

>   Our DBA tends to complain when there is more than 1 connection to the
> database per http request... I don't feel that's realist, but any pointers
> in reducing connections/queries as much as possible are welcome.

A call with iBATIS to retrieve a graph of object only use 1 connection so I
don't understand the complain of your DBA

>   Other examples (links etc) on reducing the amount of reflection,
> overhead and all are much appreciated. Maybe there's a best practices guide
> available somewhere?

The current implementation in SVN don't use any more reflection [by default]
:-) (you could revert it if you have problem)

  Thanks!

> Alex

Cheers
-Gilles