Sorry, I did mean to include some more sample details in my email but was scrambling on some other tasks and wanted to at least get the question fired off…

Specifically, we have set up a number of domain class properties to be typed as IList so that we can lazy load, eg.

       public IList ProdAttrList

       {

       …

       }

In our maps, we have configured ibatis to lazy load this list, derived from a custom collection class, eg.

<result property="ProdAttrList" lazyLoad="true" column="SKU" select="ProductAttribute.ListBySku" />

Where that select attribute points at a statement with a result type of the custom collection class, eg.

       …

<select id="ProductAttribute.ListBySku" listClass="ProductAttributeCollection" resultMap="ProductAttribute">

       …

Older versions of ibatis used a rather different mechanism for lazy-loading lists where as soon as lazy-load was turned on ibatis would use a specific list class of its own. Now, however, with the new proxy-based logic, it is trying to subclass the domain class property type, whereas it should be trying to subclass the listClass-specified type. If you take a look at the code in the method it looks very much like a simple error during typing that was missed in the tests, because the logic of the method goes through specific steps to check for valid casts into the domain class property, checks if a listClass has been provided, and then, if so, promptly ignores the type stated by the listClass and tries to proxy the type defined by the domain class, which, as you might expect for IList, fails spectacularly.

The fix I outlined is simple, and, based on the logic executing before it, is what I suspect was intended to be in the code in the first place.

Jeremy