ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Domain classes from multiple assemblies...
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 03:59:24 GMT
I don't understand...do you mean:

 <typeAlias alias="Book" assembly="DomainTwo.Book, DomainTwo" />

or:

 <typeAlias alias="Book" type="DomainTwo.Book" assembly="DomainTwo" />

The first example isn't very .NET-ish. When .NET people talk about
dynamically loading a Type, they talk about it in terms of its "fully
qualified type name"...that's the attribute is named "type" and not
"assembly".

The second example is too verbose. The Type.GetType(string) method
understands the namespace-dot-class-comma-space-assembly notation.