ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Bob Hanson" <mnbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Field names conflict with Property names when automapping
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:32:45 GMT
Actually there is no specific naming guideline for .NET fields:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpgenref/html/cpconNamingGuidelines.asp

I read mutiple places that MS teams are free to use their own convention
which apparently results in "_", "m_" or no prefix.

I had been using "_" but switched to using nothing and instead I started
putting "this." in front of all fields. I figured why add a convention when
the class has a built in mechanism for this. The only plus was saving 4
characters of typing.

However, I then had to do some VB.NET development and the language isn't
case sensitive. I've seen some examples that add a "Field" suffix in VB.NET.
I think that is worse than a leading "_". So I came full circle and started
using "_" again. :)