ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Rodrigo Pantoja" <rodrigo.pant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Composite design pattern and generics support
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:02:59 GMT
Thanks Gilles,

 I'll give version 1.5 a look.

How about the composite pattern question?  Please  see my first
message for details.  Can you use a custom type handler to load a
multivalued property?   I mean could it be possible to use something
like:
<result property="Artist" column="RecordingId"
select="selectArtistsByRecordingId" typehandler="Composite" />

the Artist property would be an IPerson (that is, the composite
interface)  Then in the ITypeHandlerCallback implementation I'd access
the records through the getter.DataReader, call whatever
factory/builder logic I have for the composite and return an IPerson.

Do you see a chance of success?

Thanks again,
Rodrigo.-