ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Gray" <jg...@siberra.com>
Subject RE: Oracle Error : ORA-01727: numeric precision specifier is out of range 1 to 38
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 18:33:27 GMT
ADO.NET combined with various Oracle providers often has difficulty with
numeric columns of certain configurations, most commonly those with
longer numbers of digits specified for them. Often, the database itself
doesn't need to handle values as large as the column has been set up,
but often one cannot simply change the schema. When you can, however,
it's worth doing. When you can't, one of the things you can sometimes do
is to modify the application to use a different (usually) larger data
type over on the application side. When you can't or don't want to do
that, you can allow data to pass back from the database by CASTing to a
string in your query and then the value will be converted into your
application data type on the way up through the stack.

Jeremy

________________________________

From: Eka Gautama [mailto:ekagautama@seatech.com]
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 9:11 PM
To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Oracle Error : ORA-01727: numeric precision specifier is out of
range 1 to 38

Dear all,

Currently I have problem with this error : ORA-01727: numeric precision
specifier is out of range 1 to 38.

I am using : Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 with a table
which has a field with datatype NUMERIC(20,4). I uses IBATIS.NET version
before Apache General Availability version.

Any help please.

Regards

Eka