ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Gray" <jg...@siberra.com>
Subject RE: Domain classes from multiple assemblies...
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:19:58 GMT
The comma separation isn't weird. It's bog-standard in the .net world
because there's a lot more to a type than its name, especially once you
account for things like versions, cultures, etc. #2 may be "verbose, but
descriptive" but would also leave you wondering "Uhh, where do I put the
culture?"

>From trying to pick up this thread midstream I'm not sure if you guys
were discussing a possible change or not, but if so, please stick to a
single attribute into which a standard type name is placed.

Jeremy Gray

________________________________

From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 9:13 PM
To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Domain classes from multiple assemblies...

I meant #2.  It's verbose, but descriptive.

    <typeAlias alias="Book" type="DomainTwo.Book" assembly="DomainTwo"
/>

I guess the comma separated set is fine if that's what getType takes
anyway.....  I'll forward my horrible design soapbox comments onto
Microsoft.  :-)

A better design would be Type.getType (string typeName, string
assemblyName).  The comma separation is just weird.

Cheers,
Clinton