ADO.NET combined with various Oracle providers often has difficulty with numeric columns of certain configurations, most commonly those with longer numbers of digits specified for them. Often, the database itself doesn’t need to handle values as large as the column has been set up, but often one cannot simply change the schema. When you can, however, it’s worth doing. When you can’t, one of the things you can sometimes do is to modify the application to use a different (usually) larger data type over on the application side. When you can’t or don’t want to do that, you can allow data to pass back from the database by CASTing to a string in your query and then the value will be converted into your application data type on the way up through the stack.

Jeremy

From: Eka Gautama [mailto:ekagautama@seatech.com]
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 9:11 PM
To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Oracle Error : ORA-01727: numeric precision specifier is out of range 1 to 38

Dear all,

Currently I have problem with this error : ORA-01727: numeric precision specifier is out of range 1 to 38.

I am using : Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 with a table which has a field with datatype NUMERIC(20,4). I uses IBATIS.NET version before Apache General Availability version.

Any help please.

Regards

Eka