ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Rogelio Baucells" <rbauce...@investran.com>
Subject RE: Auditing capabilities on top of IBatis
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:21:45 GMT
Hi Clinton,

I agree with you about inheriting from SqlMapper but if I create my own implementation of
ISqlMapper and use that one instead of the one supplied by IBatis we have the other problems
I mentioned in my last email, for example the collection proxies inside IBatis are referring
the SqlMapper class and not the interface ISqlMapper. So I cannot use those implementations
for collections, I have to create my own. To allow the replacement of the default SqlMapper
we have to make sure everything inside IBatis is using references to the ISqlMapper interface.
I did not ended inheriting from SqlMapper as I mentioned in my last email but the hack we
applied to our auditing implementation is not a good design.

All I am proposing is providing an extensible way to modify IBatis default implementation.
If such functionality is desired we can work together on an implementation.

Thanks for your response,

RJB

From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 12:04 PM
To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Auditing capabilities on top of IBatis

Don't inherit from SqlMapper!!!!   It has an interface ISqlMapper that you can implement
with a proxy class of your own.

In general, be very careful extending classes from any framework.  Look for an interface
first.  If one doesn't exist, your still better off favouring delegation over inheritance
by creating your own facade class.

Cheers,
Clinton