ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From C Raj <dotnet.roo...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject DB independence
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 06:16:14 GMT
Hi,

  I am planning to develop a ASP.NET 2.0 application using VWD Express , which is DB independent,
meaning that i just need to switch the DB declaratively in a config file, and it should be
ready to run with the new DB.

  Can a single set of mapping files work for all DB's ? I assume we would need seperate sets
of mapping files for different DB's, since their dialects are different. Can you please confirm
this ? Are there any good practices to manage multiple sets of mapping files for different
DB's ?

  Regards,

  Chakravarthy