ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Mark Witt <mark_l_w...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Need ability to send complete SQL to Mapper file
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 20:30:28 GMT
Thanks Paul...That worked.

Paul Deweese <pdeweese@msfw.com> wrote:     I would try to use the string replacement
syntax $value$ instead of the  parameter replacement syntax #value#.

 Hope that helps.

 Paul D.

---------------------------------
 From: Mark Witt [mailto:mark_l_witt@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 1:33 PM
To:  user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Need ability to send complete SQL  to Mapper file

 Hi all –

 We are  using IBatis DataMapper 1.3 and have a requirement to re-use some existing  functionality
where plain text sql is stored in our database.

 We need  the ability to extract that sql from the database in one step and then pass that
 sql with some parameters populated to the SqlMapper and execute that  statement.

 Here’s an  example of what we are trying to do:
      <statement id="DynamicQuery" parameterClass="string"  >
        #value#
      </statement>

 and we’d  pass the a select statement like “select sysdate from dual” as a  parameter.

              string _query = "select sysdate from dual";

              return SqlMapper.QueryForObject("DynamicQuery", _query);

 This is  throwing the following Oracle exception: ORA-01036: illegal variable  name/number.

 Any  thoughts on whether this is possible?  Or if anyone has  attempted something similar,
please advise.

 Thanks in  advance for any feedback.

Mark Witt

 Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try  it free.