ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Paul Deweese" <pdewe...@msfw.com>
Subject RE: Need ability to send complete SQL to Mapper file
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 20:16:15 GMT
I would try to use the string replacement syntax $value$ instead of the
parameter replacement syntax #value#.

Hope that helps.

Paul D.

________________________________

From: Mark Witt [mailto:mark_l_witt@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 1:33 PM
To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Need ability to send complete SQL to Mapper file

Hi all -
We are using IBatis DataMapper 1.3 and have a requirement to re-use some
existing functionality where plain text sql is stored in our database.
We need the ability to extract that sql from the database in one step
and then pass that sql with some parameters populated to the SqlMapper
and execute that statement.
Here's an example of what we are trying to do:
    <statement id="DynamicQuery" parameterClass="string" >
      #value#
    </statement>
and we'd pass the a select statement like "select sysdate from dual" as
a parameter.
            string _query = "select sysdate from dual";
            return SqlMapper.QueryForObject("DynamicQuery", _query);
This is throwing the following Oracle exception: ORA-01036: illegal
variable name/number.
Any thoughts on whether this is possible?  Or if anyone has attempted
something similar, please advise.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Mark Witt

<http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yah