ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS.NET Survey
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 04:26:39 GMT
Have you tried using the HybridWebThreadSessionStore? I recognize the
need for making the SessionStore pluggable. I'll take another look at
the code. HybridWebThreadSessionStore might be good enough.

If you're looking at NHibernate, take a look at ActiveRecord from the Castle Project. Its
adds a lot of extra features on-top of NHibernate:

 http://www.castleproject.org/index.php/ActiveRecord

I'm a committer on the Log4net project. If you have questions about IBatisNet and Log4net
you can post them to user-cs or on the log4net list. I read both. I think the ErrorContext
does a great job of explaining exceptions but I agree that more startup and initialization
logging messages would be nice. If you're ever digging around the source code trying to track
down an issue feel free to add some helpful log messages and submit a patch.

----- Original Message ----
From: Zarar Siddiqi <zarars@gmail.com>
To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 12:06:52 PM
Subject: Re: iBATIS.NET Survey

[snip]
> * What do you think of the quality of these libraries?
I've encountered just one problem (pluggable session storage) that I
haven't overcome.  Overall, the libraries seem to be good.

> * Why have you selected iBATIS.NET?
I was already using IBatis for Java.  For a larger Java project, I'm
using Hibernate.  And next time for a large project, I will evaluate
NHibernate before going with IBatis.

But IBatis's simplicity is what makes it attractive.

> * What's your overall opinion of iBATIS?
It is a good product

> - What you like / dislike?
Bad:
- Getting log4net to log is a pain.
- Session storage should be pluggable.

I like the seperation of sql statements from code.

> - What could be improved?
- Annotation support would be awesome.
- Better log messages for mapping errors would be great.
- Don't know why I have to worry about providers.config

> - What problems do you encounter?
Log4Net, session storage

[snip]