ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MySQL
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:45:26 GMT
I've seen a post for someone who is working around that by splitting
the database over multiple servers. Evidentally, there's nothing in
the license agreement that prevents that sort of things. I believe it
was on Euan Garden's blog, but it seems to be down this morning.

http://blogs.msdn.com/euanga/archive/2006/03/09/545576.aspx

Other items Euan's blog (when it comes back up)  might assuage some
managerial concerns.

-Ted.

On 10/31/06, Dorin Manoli <Dorin.Manoli@dataireland.ie> wrote:

> Yes. I'm evaluating it now. It is good enough. Unfortunately my managers
> aren't happy, don't know why, I think they are afraid by database size
> limitation.
> On 10/19/06, Dorin Manoli <Dorin.Manoli@dataireland.ie> wrote:
> > Thanks dude. ! I agree with you, cause of costs cut, we decided to
> move to a
> > free database.
>
> Have you tried SQL Server Express?
>
> * http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/default.aspx