ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Nguyen, Tom" <Tom.Ngu...@rels.info>
Subject RE: iBATIS.NET Survey
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:25:25 GMT

> * What operating system and .NET version are you using?
Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, .NET 2.0

>* In what contexts are you currently using iBATIS.NET?
X Windows Applications
X Web Applications
X Libraries

>* What is your use?
X Evaluation for a new application
X Testing
X Others...: Additional Development

>* What do you think of the quality of these libraries?
Excellent

>* Why have you selected iBATIS.NET?
X For his simplicity
X For his flexibility

>* What's your overall opinion of iBATIS?
The DataMapper is great.

>- What you like / dislike?
We like the ability to use both stored procedure and dynamic sql.  We
also like being able to map to fields.  Coming from a Microsoft only
shop, our developer doesn't grasp the concept of DAO very well so we are
customizing our own version of the DataAccess block.

>- What could be improved?
A UI for Database to Business Object mapping that would edit the XML
file or create new business object class would be very nice.  (Like .NET
2.0 Class Diagram...)

> - What problems do you encounter?
So far: None.

> - What features are you most interested in?
A DataMapper UI as described above.

>* About the documentation? (A book is on the rail :-)...)
It's all good for me.

>- Is it clear?
Yes.

>- Which improvements do you want?
Don't know yet.

>- More samples? Demo applications?
Sure, that would be great.

>* About yours projects using iBATIS.NET, your company?
Confidential

Tom Nguyen
This e-mail message and any files transmitted herewith, are intended solely for the
use of the individual(s) addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary or
privileged information.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message
(or responsible for delivery of this message to such person) you may not review,
use, disclose or distribute this message or any files transmitted herewith.  If you
receive this message in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete
this message and all copies of it from your system.