ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Alexandre Grenier" <Alexandre.Gren...@markettools.com>
Subject output parameters and dbnull
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 21:15:52 GMT
Hello all,

I'm getting a little glitch here, hoping someone can point out what I am
doing wrong, set me in the right direction, or let me know if this could
be an issue with iBatis (I'm working from latest source, but the issue
seems to have existed in past releases).

In a parameterMap I have:

<parameter direction="Output" type="string" dbType="nvarchar"
property="Person.FirstName" column="first_name" />

The stored procedure returns a DBNull for the "first_name" column (long
explanation why my DBAs insist this be the way).

Anyway, I get the following error:

IBatisNet.Common.Exceptions.ProbeException : Unable to cast object of
type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'.

  ----> System.InvalidCastException : Unable to cast object of type
'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'.

I traced the exception down to DelegatePropertySetAccessor.cs

I tried using nullValue property but I just get the same error.

I noticed there is a DBNullTypeHandler in the source, would that be part
of solving my problem?

Thanks!

Alex